Friday, August 27, 2010

THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART





In collaboration with  Christopher Cameron


 Can you build a tree house for me
That will house me good and be tax free
I could ask for many things and more
But I thought I should start with this small chore?....

My dear you know that we’re out of pocket
I’ve been adding up your shopping dockets.
They were so large I screamed like a banshee,
stunned by mad spending of such huge degree....

Our arboreal retreat has to wait,
down bankruptcy’s slope I don’t wish to skate!....

Oh, my my! Do you have to holler and cry
"I'll build you a dream world before I die"
Dont you remember that promise you made to me
You were twenty then and I was learning to fly?....

To fly?! All you know how to scream is, “Buy!”
Why is your opening purse never shy
when seduced by those darn closing down sales,
and why did you buy those ceramic quails?

Your dream world desire is not yet dead,
please just wait ‘til the creditors have fled...


Oh you dear, handsome miserly honey bear,
Why into bits and shreds my wish do you have to tear
I asked only for a tree house and not the palace of King Lear
Just a simple space for you and me to cheer?....

Your words of honey fill me with great fear
‘cause I know the money will disappear.
I think to the ‘Legion’ I’ll volunteer
a treeless desert my new sparse frontier....


But wait, did you say a space for sweet cheer,
does this mean I’m ‘in’ if I persevere?
This changes everything my gorgeous dear,
now your man can’t wait to get off his gear!....

Oh baby, that is the ever so necessary spirit
I am sure you will someday with someone be a very big hit
I will tell my sexy lover how awesome you are
please, can the tree house be accompanied by a sleek car??....

A car, why do you keep lifting the bar,
plus a lover, now you have gone too far?!
If I buy a yacht to sail the Greek isles
will this overcome your feminine wiles?....


By the way, please bring your lustful new friend
I will be happy to use him as ballast
and I am sure that his ways I can mend,
when he’s fed to the sharks, without malice....!!


A yacht, the Greek isles, minus the car
Oh dear, how cruel of you to stand and jeer
In unceremoniously feeding my friend to the sharks
Do I see the green eyed monster in you plus sparks?....

I guess, I'll settle for the yacht and the isles
If you like I'll pamper your jealous and arrogant wiles
Make it a mansion instead of the tree house
The sleek car can wait until you become my mouse....

Now you’ve done it, this man is no one’s mouse
and you can forget your darn tree house .
I shall live my life completely alone
for your dark sins you can never atone....

p.s. Can you please ring me my sweetheart,
I don’t know how the microwave will start?
I promise that in the trees we’ll reside,
My poor stomach’s growling will not subside!


 

This poem, is again a collaboration with my friend Christopher Cameron.  It is a dialogue, between two people with distinct characters....a theoretical man and an equally theoretical wife. Thanks again, Chris.