Friday, August 27, 2010

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT


(In Collaboration with Christopher Cameron)

I was walking down the hill
As lonely as a one dollar bill
The green meadows glided by
And I just wanted time to fly...


I brood and think will there ever be hope
Yet how can one without a partner cope?
Trust is so much more important than lust
Anything else for true love is unjust...

I then caught a glimpse of you
A distinctive man with a magnetic hue
Against your old fashioned car you stood
Staring at me in a brooding mood....


Old fashioned was the way that I was taught
Only through strong morals can this man be ‘caught’;
Loss of faith in most of the female race
Almost caused me to be lost without trace...

I simply liked you without reservations
Not even knowing you or your passions
Was I silly or was I simply intuitive
In finding a total stranger so impressive....


Intuitiveness is Nature’s blessing
Instinct needs no logical assessing;
Reflections of underlying passions
Are revealed by truthful caring actions...

I loved you with ease and grace
Suddenly to me you were a familiar face
Had I known you in some previous birth
Why did this seem like some heavenly mirth....

 
Similar souls ‘touch’ each other at times,
Angels respond with tinkling crystal chimes
Joyously smiling when two have been ‘found’ ,
As these meetings are happily profound...

I found happiness the moment I saw you
The stones I stepped on were gorgeous and new
Was this real bliss or was it a lovely dream
Tell me if this promise is within our realm...

 
Yes, a new sunrise it seems lights our days
The stones tinged rich magenta by these rays;
This path to real bliss is more than a dream
Hand in hand two can unveil Heaven’s scheme...

What was going on, I asked myself, with care
Was this genuine, and if so, how did I dare
Where from did land upon me this serene passion
The essence of which challenged my every past notion...


Life’s experiences never do cease
Past perceptions hold no permanent lease;
Love at first sight can still be proven true
Walk with me our lives shall start anew... 


This poem is written in collaboration with my friend Christopher Cameron.

We came up with the idea suddenly last week while discussing one of my poems in great detail and this just took form.

The first stanza and every odd stanza in the poem is written by me and every even or alternate stanza is his creation. When the poem is read, please infer that every odd stanza is a female's line of thought and the corresponding even ones are the thoughts put down by a male.

It has been fun and a fruitful experience working on this poem. Thank you, Chris.