Friday, August 27, 2010

UNDER THE CEDAR TREE

A Collaboration with                                  Christoper Cameron


It seems as if the heavens are pouring down
I remember you and have this longing frown
Even as I get drenched in my flowing red gown
I miss you so much that I want to drown.... 


Grief dresses me in a cloak of sorrow
joy from life I can no longer borrow;
To these distant lands you cannot follow
we must both wait until fated tomorrow...


How long is this wait scheduled to be
You have no idea what this does to me
Do you remember me between your meals and runs
Does your heart know me amidst your barrels and guns....



A shell screams by like a screeching banshee
causing more torn lifeless human debris;
As I write this beneath a searing sun
angels themselves this sad scarred landscape shun...


My mind thinks of nothing but holding you
a sweet loving embrace long overdue,
but we wait for the decree of the ‘Chief’
before we can find arms’ solaced relief...


I know how terribly hard this is for you
You were always a man who friends easily drew
Happiness and hope lavishly circulated
Every time in felicity your laughter vibrated....

How long before I genuinely hear you laugh
How long before I see you in glory bask
Seeking delights as we hold hands in the moonlight
Why does it have to be ages before the time is right....



Magical memories you bring to mind;
chiffon silk ‘sheened’ by caressing moonbeams,
reflecting essence of love so refined
as we swirled in each other’s arms and dreams...


The cedar tree our crowning glory,
lush green lawn cushioning each twinned tread.
Fireflies blessed this fairytale story,
not returning home is my greatest dread...


Ever since you have been gone
Life is in bits and pieces torn
Missing you has become a custom
This longing has turned me into a phantom...

You not returning home is not an option
This love of mine has turned into devotion
I will not rest till the gods return you back to me
Do not dread, we'll be together soon you'll see...

This is written from my hospital bed,
from shrapnel I have copiously bled.
Please don’t worry my health is on the mend,
repatriation’s path soon I shall wend...

Once more we shall embrace in loving arms
meeting the needs of Cupid’s shafted charms.
To again inhale your sweet perfumed hair
is the answer to my most fervent prayer...

This poem again, is a collaboration with my friend Christopher Cameron, once again in the form or a dialogue.
This poem is actually much more than being mere mushy. 
This piece is rich in lament, and testifies to true love.... of how a soldier's spouse, or significant other, would be feeling day and night, not knowing of what the next hour may bring.
If you read well, you may see a battlefield and also a desperate woman.
You may also find a special human connect between two people that is disturbed and almost lost due to circumstances.
Yet, the two dont give up and it is the strength of their love along with the blessings of the lord that unite them again.
The arising of difficulties is a part of life, and facing them positively, never losing hope or giving up is the cue.
Last but not the least, prayers too count. 
Thanks yet again, Chris.