Sunday, March 6, 2016

Droplet


 
An azure sky and fleecy clouds
Looked upon the calm beach
Absentmindedly, along with me
When suddenly the water rippled apart
And we found ourselves waiting with a bated breath
As we watched him rise
Much alike a glistening Adonis
Oh what a surprise....

My eyes took in his bare chest
And that well-proportioned attractive body
My admiration took leaps and bounds
But, hello, I was not the only one
His eyes burned through me passionately
To hell with decency
The hots were mutual
We both read that clearly....

As he devoured me hungrily from across the waters
My eyes stuck powerfully to a shining droplet
Cascading down  mesmerizingly from his head
Sweetly and ever so steadily
Glittering in the morning sun
Finding its way through his roughened cheek
Descending towards his neck
To reach his heavily heaving chest.....

But no heave stopped the determined drop of water
No heartbeat did attract the tiny thing
As it slipped off beautifully
To pour itself back into the sea
Gone it was with the dignity of a pearl
I missed it and then felt myself unfurl
Even as the Adonis stared at me with a wanton spirit
I turned my eyes away to look at enormous the sea
Dear little droplet, your self-respect has awakened me.




Note: It is a big world and there is no need to get stuck to something when you are not meant to be there. Water is symbolic. Even a droplet can leave a lesson.