Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Dragon In Love


Centuries have gone waving by
And I have roamed all over from sky to sky
Looking for my 'lavender love' for years and years
Facing the attacks of a million of spears
Firing my way through the woods
Terrorizing beasts in warying moods.

It all began when I spotted a colony of humans
Some were lovely and some were demons
I spied upon a gorgeous and beautiful woman
And stole her away with no intension of a ransom
I flew off with her to my cloudy abode
I was sure she would be enchanted by the mode.

But she never did smile at me
So dipped in sheer unhappiness was she
I fell in love with her with passion and glee
The way I was, she never really saw me
To make her happy I did my utmost best
I worked to give her treasures, crest after crest.

Then I realized that it was but a futile exercise
Some things just dont work like clockwork mice
After deliberations and thoughts on a newmoon phase
I sadly picked her up and through the sky did race
Carefully, I placed her back on her golden bed
Gave her one last glance and from there I forever fled.

Still, through the centuries I wait and wait
Hoping she will change her mind and be my mate
I cling on to the memory of her in her lavender gown
Dying myself in that hue even though I was silvery brown
Maybe I will see her some day before very long
If not, let me fade away like some sad old song
 
Note: This poem captures the very essence of wanting to feel loved. It flows on a brook of enchantment on its journey to the ocean of beauty, where it shows its aesthetical waves and syllabical foam...