Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Missing You, Maaji

When I met her for the first time
She was aged, and I in my prime
I stepped into her house that day
The spring of love, the warmth of May....

She loved me, she blessed me
To her bosom, she embraced me
I looked around and was charmed
The moonbeams across the patio danced....

Months later, I married her son
She cherished me, we even had girlish fun
More a friend than a mother-in-law
Over the years we could never spot a flaw....

I gave her the grandchildren she desired
She helped me out with enthusiasm that blared
Did I see my friends seethe in jealousy
When we got along beautifully among all frenzy....

She was captivatingly old and got older
I took up a career an got stupidly busier
We could no more spend so much time together
Now she needed to be back to her matter....

Keeping fondly in touch was the key stance
Our love never diminished despite the distance
I want her to be my mom-in-law in every birth
I lost her today, but I will keep up the search....

She loved me, she loved me true
I loved her, more than I knew......