Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Lingering Touch

We were sitting in the garden
Sipping our warm afternoon tea
The winter sun softly shimmering
Cool breeze whispering by in glee...

I know not what we talked about
Or what discussions were due
I knew I was in good company
That I felt only with a special few....

She wouldnt take her eyes off me
Her smile charmed beyond memory
Contended I felt so much, so free
I wanted time still into history...

She slid off the chair even as I stared
Got up to her full height, straightened her hair
Suddenly she sprinted off to far away
I watched her racing towards the horizon at bay...

Unwilling to let go so easily of her
I raced my best even though I was no sprinter
I followed her though the lush green fields
The sky, the mountains stared along with the trees...

She ran and I followed her as fast as I could
Not letting out of sight her cream apparel or hood
How could someone move so gracefully, I wondered
My eyes feasted on her even as she furthered...

Suddenly, she stopped and looked at me
As if realizing that I was too close for her to flee
She held my hand and lovingly touched my face
And within the blink of an eye I was alone in the space....

I woke up never having felt so rich
That she had come to see me was the niche
Along with her smile, her charm and her grace
Lingers on her love, and the touch on my face....


This is a sequel to the previous poem "Missing you, Maaji".....