Sunday, December 4, 2011

pain


trapped in a mine,
bleeding for days,
he survived to shine,
back to life's ways.

nothing had changed,
his home was the same,
his wife just as deranged,
in her ways still lame.

kids never really did care,
whether dad was happy,
the sadly straddled mare -
long as things didn't get crappy.

friends were just name after name,
they showed up to prominently glow,
silently jealous of his fame,
they came to enjoy the show.

parents were long dead,
as but memories on they stayed,
siblings away to lands had spread,
loneliness  gripped him, now grayed.

then he fell into my arms one day,
this, I had desired decades away,
but then he chose a path, and a wife
paying now for having caused me strife.

its too late in life to go back,
and hold the hand that faltered,
the blow he had dealt, my soul did wrap
he maybe wounded, but I am still battered.


note: sometimes, people hurt you involuntarily, and then things can never go back to the way they were....