Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Hunter True

I spied on a tigress in her full hue,
Innocently she bathed in morn dew.
I the hunter true, my drool to kill grew,
Fascinated I wanted her to be my brew.

The chase was on in God's full view,
Quarter none given as the battle drew.
Gnashes, cuts, gnaws were not few,
Vigor to kill manifested always anew.

In the deep jungles we did prance,
Hunter and hunted alike, did dance.
Transfixed in our own deadly trance,
The emotions were smooched without a glance.

With steady hands I aligned the gun,
At her heart magnified by the bright sun.
The shot by true, had to be true,
The bullet lodged in her soul which none knew.

In my stately hall her carcass was displayed,
Under her, in whiskey daze I proudly swayed.
Her dead eyes spoke to me and said,
"Hunter your life I have spared!"

"I admired your manly charm,
How on earth could my love I harm?"
My mangled shadows did instantly die,
I, the Evil sinner and Goddess dead on wall to pry.

Note: The duel between good and evil has many connotations..This poem is dedicated to Jim Corbet the famous hunter of tigers across the Himalayas by MS Jaswal.