Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Way We Were


I am pretty
and yet torn
I am lovely
and still strong
I am lonely
and very worn
I am curt
and do often scorn....

I do miss
and so I mourn
I do feel
and so I sense
I do heal
and then I think
I do hurt
and inevitably spurt....

the weather
doesn't affect me
the barbs
don't harm me
the coldness
doesn't kill me
the warmth
doesn't melt me....

am I living
or am I dead
am I happy
or am I sad
am I good
or am I bad
am I right
or am I mad....

I am very much
the way you left me
but sadder and pained
madder and drained
and yet I wait
in passion for you
to get back
and be with me
the way we were
whenever you will....


Waiting for someone who has left, who may or may not get back is an exercise in itself....many emotions gather along with the anticipation of the person's return.