Friday, September 10, 2010

The Crux of the Matter

I was standing
Lonely in a crowd
Tired and fatigued
Completly washed out
When I needed
It the most
You appeared like
A welcome ghost
A huge mug
Of cold coffee
You deftly bought
And held out for me
You noticed me
And my beauty
Had I charmed you
Or was it pity
As I held the cup
To my lips
A bond formed
I was beyond my wits
Because you understood me
Ten out of ten
Even though you were
A complete stranger then.....

Two years hence
I was again lonely
Crowd or no crowd
What did it matter to me
You were no more
There as a friend
For you had chosen
To take the bend
True, we didnt
Get along all that well
Was it only my fault
That apart we fell
Couldnt a small
Little mistake of mine
Be forgiven
For the sake
Of a life long smile
We broke up bad
And I was again
Beyond my wits
Because you didnt
Understand me
Five out of ten
Even though now
You were no stranger
But the closest of my men.....

Sometimes you find that a person understood you better when he was a stranger to you and cruelly misunderstood/disappointed you after you had made him the most important person in your life.