Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chemistry of Love

My dear Negative Ion

I am writing this letter from the Chemistry Department of my heart. From the very first day when I saw you face as white as CaCl2, my heart started beating at the rate of 25m/s. I am bowled whenever I see your ‘silk ‘n’ shiny’ hair as black as FeS. I can’t forget your eyes as blue as CuSo4. If you give me some space in your blue eyes then I promise to become KMnO4 and act as an Oxidizing Agent and as a result raise the rate of your heartbeat to 80-85 per minute.

I am fully aware of the fact that you are as concentrated H2SO4, but I am very optimistic and I feel that a day will come when you will act as dilute H2SO4 and then we will walk hand in hand just like a piece of Sodium metal floating in Kerosene oil. You know something? I always go flat on your behavior as reactive as Con.H2SO4, but the day when I will enter your heart in the form of NaOH, you will be mine forever. Then we will both turn Red Litmus paper into Blue. Whenever I have tried to talk to you for a while, I have found that you become as volatile as Ammonia Gas kept in a laboratory. You are the Base of my life. I burn as a Spirit lamp remembering you.

In short, I would like to say that any how I want to settle in the solution of your life. Believe me, my dear, when we will associate as Positive and Negative Ions, then our life reaction will become so stable that no one will be able to dissociate us by the process of Electrolysis.

If these don’t work, then we will form 12 Isotopes of Carbon and write the Modern Atomic Theory of our life. In the mean time, the Electron, Proton and Neutron will also complete their Octate. We will acquire the stability of Noble Gas and spend our life peacefully and happily.

What more can I write? I am ending this letter with a hope that you will act as a Reducing Agent and will soon be giving me a nice reply of this letter of mine.

Yours lovingly,

Positive Ion

This piece is written by Surabhi. Even though she doesn't study Chemistry, she loves the subject and it shows...lol. I enjoyed reading it and am sure so will you.