Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shazia Haque attempts poetry: Regrets

REGRETS

Days come and days go fast

I do not know how the years have passed so fast

I remember walking with my dad whom I loved the most

Catching hold of his hand, we were so close.

Today when I am strong enough to carry myself

I feel ashamed to see

That he is still my support.

I know I neglected my duty towards my mother

Who is not with me now

Today in deep melancholy

I regret for wasting her dream and my time

She had hoped so much for me

When she was with me

And when she left me

My life became wan and gloomy.

For long I was daydreaming in the vortex of time

But when I opened my eyes

I saw a few opportunities

Which now I am availing like a glutton

But still regret for have not achieved enough in life

And for being lazy, indolent and naive

And perhaps God still castigates me

As whenever I close my eyes

All those moments revolve around me

They give me strength by poking in my heart

Just like a knife ! ! !

Oh ! my Almighty

Patiently I do speak

Give me the power

To reach my destiny

Or wither me away

Because I have taken the pledge to work harder

The dreams of my forgotten mother for me must come true

And now veraciously

Taking a deep breath

I declare

I have chosen two options

Either the way to opulent life or the way to my end.